Welcome to FMA 2018
The 8th International Workshop on Folk Music Analysis will be held from 26 to 29 June 2018 in Thessaloniki, Greece. This International Workshop brings together researchers from the fields of ethnomusicology, musicology and music information retrieval (MIR). It provides a forum that encourages sharing of ideas, needs, research methods and discoveries, among ethnomusicologists, musicians, librarians, students, museum curators, computer science experts and music information retrieval researchers. The aim is to foster cross-disciplinary collaborative networks and the development of new interdisciplinary tools and techniques that promote an enriched understanding of traditional musics and the preservation/dissemination of world musical cultural heritage.
FMA2018 will be jointly organized with the Fifth International Conference on Analytical Approaches to World Music (AAWM 2018)
You can download or view the Conference poster here.
Workshop topics include:
- Computational ethnomusicology
- Computational musicology
- Computational analysis systems for non-western and folk musics
- New methods for music transcription
- Empirical approaches to music
- Models of oral transmission of music
- Cognitive modelling of music
- Aesthetics and related philosophical issues
- Methodological issues
- Representational issues and models
- Audio and symbolic representations